Manager, Software Engineering
Restaurant365 is a young SaaS company disrupting the restaurant industry! Our cloud-based platform provides a unique, centralized solution for accounting and back-office operations for restaurants.
Restaurant365’s culture is focused on empowering team members to produce top-notch results while elevating their skills. We’re constantly evolving and improving to make sure we are and always will be “Best in Class” ... and we want that for you too!
In 2019 Restaurant365 closed $88 million in Series C funding, bringing the total minority investment by Bessemer Venture Partners, ICONIQ Capital, and Tiger Global Management to $140 million, to support the company's vision of providing the best technology to the restaurant industry. As recently as June of 2021, Restaurant365 announced the acquisition of Compeat, a well-known provider of restaurant back office, workforce, and business intelligence software. Adding Compeat’s feature-rich products advances Restaurant365 further on the journey toward our goal of providing restaurant operators with a powerful tool that simplifies their lives and increases their profits. Serent Capital was added to our investor list as a result of this transaction.
Our diverse portfolio of clients includes well-known nationwide franchises as well as your favorite local spot. From fine dining to fast-casual…R365 does it all!
The Manager, Software Engineering will not only have the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership for our development efforts, but will also manage a team of engineers.
· Lead a team of 5-8 software engineers in the consistent delivery of quality features and products in a timely manner.
· Contribute technically to projects and lead code reviews.
· Practice and champion strong engineering methods, including Agile methodologies and team metrics.
· Help engineering leadership and the talent acquisition team build an engineering organization that is smart, innovative, and
· Coach team members as they develop greater skills and responsibilities.
· Work with product managers to understand requirements, prioritize backlogs and set timelines for delivery of software releases.
· Lead the project planning, resourcing, supporting project execution and ensuring overall project success.
· Supporting technical design and collaboration within and across teams.
· Other tasks as assigned.
· At least 2 years of experience building SaaS-based products or applications on a team as an engineer.
· Minimum 5-7 years in full-stack web application development, Design Patterns, OOP, Functional Reactive Programming, Agile
· 3+ years of experience with cloud-based distribution systems like AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
· Experience in a technical or team leadership role.
· Experience working with cross-functional team members in Product and Support teams.
· Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
· Experience with development tools like Confluence and JIRA
· Well versed with Microservice Architecture design patterns
· NoSQL database experience like DynamoDB, MongoDB, CosmosDB
· Commitment to delivering quality code including unit testing, security, maintainability, performance
Experience with the following:
· RESTful APIs
· Responsive design
· Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
· Refactoring an existing code base
Competitive compensation package
Comprehensive medical benefits
R365 pays 100% of the premium for medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees
401k + matching
Team member stock options
Flexible PTO + Company holidays
R365 was founded by an experienced team of software & finance veterans committed to developing an all-inclusive back-office solution. We help restaurants thrive! R365 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all forward-thinkers who embrace change and possess a positive attitude to apply.