We are pleased to announce the release of expanded ‘House Account’ features in Restaurant365. There are 2 things that are especially great about house account customers: they come more often and their average check is higher. What else do you want? Many restaurants don’t offer these because of the hassle it creates for their accounting team. The world has been waiting and now it is more simple than ever to invoice and collect on house accounts. Here is a sample of how it flows in Restaurant365:
- Server selects the payment type of ‘house account’ when they close out the sale (and optionally selects in the POS which customer it was)
- At the end of the night, the import from the POS to R365 auto-matches the house account charges to the customer in Restaurant365. The closing manager assigns the house account sales tickets which were not auto-assigned through the nightly import from the POS to R365 (this step is part of the work-flow process and only takes seconds to complete)
- At the end of the month, the accounting team clicks ‘Bill House Accounts’ and a window appears (similar to a check run screen) that allows the end user to pick the invoices that are to be billed at this time. They can restrict selections by:
- Individual Invoices
- Date Ranges
- After selecting the specific invoices to be billed, they then click ‘Invoice’ and individual invoices are made for each customer. This process takes into account specific customer discounts that are offered to house account customers based on the payment type (you might have certain charges you offer to your clients on a discount and others you don’t – like food v. wine).
- Of course the invoices are able to be directly emailed to the customers once generated. There are three formats of invoices so you can accommodate different customer preferences (hotels that offer room charges for your services, individual customers, businesses, etc. all want varying degrees of detail on their monthly bill.)
- And lastly, because Restaurant365 is also a full restaurant accounting system, the invoices automatically become part of accounts receivable which can then be cleared out either from checks received in the mail or payments through the POS.
Using house accounts can be complicated without Restaurant365. Now that you have it, let the good times roll! Begin making more money today by offering your customers house accounts and use Restuarant365 to automate your accounting for it!
Morgan Harris | Co-founder | Restaurant365