Manager, Software Engineering
Restaurant365 is a young SaaS company disrupting the restaurant industry! Our cloud-based platform provides a unique, centralized solution for accounting and back-office operations for restaurants.
Restaurant365’s culture is focused on empowering team members to produce top-notch results while elevating their skills. We’re constantly evolving and improving to make sure we are and always will be “Best in Class” ... and we want that for you too!
In 2019 Restaurant365 closed $88 million in Series C funding, bringing the total minority investment by Bessemer Venture Partners, ICONIQ Capital, and Tiger Global Management to $140 million, to support the company's vision of providing the best technology to the restaurant industry. As recently as June of 2021, Restaurant365 announced the acquisition of Compeat, a well-known provider of restaurant back office, workforce, and business intelligence software. Adding Compeat’s feature-rich products advances Restaurant365 further on the journey toward our goal of providing restaurant operators with a powerful tool that simplifies their lives and increases their profits. Serent Capital was added to our investor list as a result of this transaction.
Our diverse portfolio of clients includes well-known nationwide franchises as well as your favorite local spot. From fine dining to fast-casual…R365 does it all!
*Please note, this position can be based in Irvine, CA, Austin, TX, or remote
The Manager, Software Engineering will execute on the technical direction and process of the Engineering department. They will build their team by hiring, mentoring, coaching and reviewing progress. This position will be aware of Architectural progress and implement changes within their team and coach engineers on new best practices, solutions, design patterns and implementations. This role will be responsible for the technical ownership of team and projects.
How you'll add value:
- Lead one or more teams of software engineers
- Lead one or more projects or initiatives determined by the Product Team
- Provide mentorship and guidance to team members to achieve highest levels of quality and productivity
- Collaborate with QA and Product teams to release software in a predictable cadence
- Quickly become an expert on the product architecture and workflows
- Design and develop enterprise level multi-tiered software using Microsoft and open-source technologies
- Drive architectural changes (microservices, cloud initiatives, etc.)
- Provide production support and troubleshooting
- Set up goals, review progress, and discuss career advancement with team members
- Communicate issues or project details effectively with direct reports, peers, and managers
- Perform other software development and management-related duties
- Ability to coach and mentor engineers in an Agile development environment
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll need to be successful in this role:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or 2+ years of equivalent experience
- In addition to 10+ years in an engineering position creating code-based solutions and tools
- Expert in C#
- Expert with SQL databases
- Expert with enterprise software
- Expert with cloud computing and/or mobile applications
- Expert in working with APIs
- Expert in with distributed version-control systems i.e. Git
- Expert in troubleshooting and diagnosing issues
- Expert in Agile development concepts
- Experience with client-side frameworks and technologies i.e. React, Angular and Bootstrap
- Occasional travel required
R365 Team Member Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- R365 pays 100% of the premium for medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees
- 401k + matching
- Team member stock options
- Flexible PTO + Company holidays
- Wellness initiatives
- Philanthropy events
Why join our amazing team?
- We're a community that prides itself in creating innovative solutions and producing quality work.
- Our product is the secret ingredient that makes a real difference to restaurants nationwide.
- The open-concept work environment that we've created is causal, collaborative, and cultivates communication.
R365 was founded by an experienced team of software & finance veterans committed to developing an all-inclusive back-office solution. We help restaurants thrive! R365 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all forward-thinkers who embrace change and possess a positive attitude to apply.