Modified on: Tue, May 14, 2019 at 10:21 AM
Each database (sometimes referred to as ‘instance’) and User in R365 is unique. There are a few reasons why you may not be able to login to R365. Please review the following list of reasons you cannot login, followed by a list of possible solutions
Login Error Reasons
- Check to make sure you are logging into the correct R365 Database URLIf you don’t know your system URL ( https://your_instance_name.restaurant365.com or net ) you can ask a member of your team, or reach out to R365 Support. Even if you are using a correct User ID and Password, if you are attempting to login to an incorrect Database, you will continually receive errors.
- Make sure you are using the correct User ID / PasswordUser IDs and Passwords are case sensitive, so make sure you haven’t capitalized something that should be lowercase or vice-versa. Most accounting and restaurant Users do not use their email address as their User ID, instead using a different combination, such as the first letter of their first name followed by their last name (i.e., John Smith = jsmith). Employees are required to use their email address as their User ID.
- Check with your R365 Administrator to make sure your account has been setup properlyEach User in R365 must be assigned Security Roles and Location Access. Similar to the incorrect database scenario described above, if you have the correct User ID, Password and Database, but do not have the proper Security Roles assigned, you wont be able to login to R365. If you can login, but find that there is no data to view or interact with, this usually means that you do not have any Location Access assigned to your User ID (Please Note: if you are a brand new R365 Customer, your database will not have any data in it upon creation. This is normal).
Login Error Solutions
- Bookmark your R365 Database URLOnce you have identified the correct R365 System URL, save it as a bookmark on your computer/phone/tablet. We recommend saving only the base of the URL (only the parts before the the first ‘/’, i.e., ‘https://thedean.restaurant365.com’) to make sure that you always navigate to the correct version of the software. Click the following link to view instructions on how to Create, view and edit bookmarks in Google Chrome.
- Reset your PasswordOn the login page of your R365 Database, you can click ‘Forgot your password’ to have a temporary password emailed to the email address assigned to your User ID. Please Note: if you are entering an incorrect User ID, or your User ID has been setup with an incorrect email address, the password reset email will not be delivered to you. You will need to work with the R365 Administrator in your organization to 1) get your correct User ID or 2) ensure that your correct email address is setup on your User ID. Your R365 Administrator can also assist by performing an Administrator Reset of your password if necessary.
- Make sure to copy/paste or manually type the temporary password exactly as it appears in the Password Reset email. Sometimes Users accidentally copy extra space or characters on the temporary password, which results in an incorrect password.
When you login with your temporary password, you’ll be prompted to create a new password. Paste (or type) in the temporary password into the ‘Old Password’ field, then enter your new password and save. You’ll then be successfully logged in to R365.
- Work with your R365 Admin to set your Security Roles and Location AccessEach of the scenarios listed in Error Type #3, above, can be resolved by the R365 Administrator in your organization. They have the ability to Assign Security Roles and Location Access to your User ID. Please reach out to your Administrator for assistance.
Modified on: Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 7:22 AM
Creating a R365 Support Center Login
When visiting our Support Center, click the ‘Sign up’ button on the top right-hand corner of the header.
A new window will open where you will enter in your information, including your Restaurant365 URL and Role. When finished, click ‘Register’ at the bottom of the screen. An email from Freshdesk Support will be sent to the email address you listed when creating your account that includes a link to activate it. When you click that link, a new window will open.
In this window, fill in the information required and click ‘Activate and Log in’.
Finally, you will come to the Freshdesk window that will have you sign in, thus providing you access to R365’s Support site, including creating and tracking your Support Tickets and viewing Support Center Articles.
Modified on: Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 2:32 PM
Modified on: Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 3:22 PM
Modified on: Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 8:27 AM
Modified on: Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 11:37 AM